2019 EXTENSION INFORMATION
PERSONAL TAX RETURN EXTENSIONS:
You do not need to file an extension if your only reason is the inability to pay a balance due. You can go ahead and file your return, send in any payment you can, and ask to be set up on payments. An extension does NOT give you more time to pay your taxes if there is a balance due, it only grants an extension of time to file the paper portion of your tax return until Thursday, October 15, 2020.
To file the extension, you may choose to complete the forms below and we will be happy to file an extension for you for a fee of $20. OR, use the IRS website (www.irs.gov) to file your own extension electronically or by mail.
If you would like our office to prepare and electronically file a Federal and/or State extension for your personal tax returns, please read the following information, then print the forms listed at the bottom of this section. You can email, fax, mail or bring in the completed forms and we will file the extension for you. Forms and payment (our fee is $20) must be received before the extension will be filed.
- The deadline for filing an extension for your 2019 federal and state income tax returns is midnight, EST, on April 15, 2020. (Our office will close at 5:00 pm)
- Missouri and Kansas DO NOT require a separate extension, as they accept an approved federal extension.
- To file an extension, we will need to know the following:
- Do you anticipate getting a refund?
- What are the federal withholding amounts on your W-2’s and/or 1099’s?
- What is the amount of any payment you plan on making with the extension if you think you will have a balance due?
BUSINESS TAX EXTENSIONS:
If you own a partnership or corporation, you may call or email to request an extension. Please complete the extension engagement letter below.
Partnership and S-Corporation extensions will be due September 15, 2020.
C-Corporation extensions will be due on October 15, 2020.