2016 EXTENSION INFORMATION
An extension does NOT give you more time to pay your taxes if there is a balance due, it only grants an extension of time to file the paper portion of your tax return until Monday, October 16, 2017.
To file the extension, you may choose to complete the forms below and we will be happy to file an extension for you for a fee of $20. OR, use the IRS website (www.irs.gov) to file your own extension electronically or by mail.
If you would like our office to prepare and electronically file a Federal and/or State extension for your personal tax returns, please read the following information, then print the forms listed at the bottom of this section. You can email, fax, mail or bring in the completed forms and we will file the extension for you. Forms and payment (our fee is $20) must be received before the extension will be filed.
- The deadline for filing an extension for your federal and state income tax returns is midnight, EST, on April 18. (Our office will close at 5:00 pm)
- Missouri and Kansas DO NOT require a separate extension, as they accept an approved federal extension.
- You do not need to file an extension if your only reason is the inability to pay a balance due. You should go ahead and file your return, send in any amount you can, and send a request asking to be set up on payments.
- To file an extension, we will need to know the following:
- Do you anticipate getting a refund?
- What are the federal withholding amounts on your W-2’s and/or 1099’s?
- What is the amount of any payment you plan on making with the extension if you think you will have a balance due?