April 12, 2016


2019 EXTENSION INFORMATION – Due to COVID19 the filing due date for personal, estates, trusts and

C-Corporations, as well as for paying balances due, has been extended to July 15, 2020.


The purpose for filing an extension is to grant additional time to file your tax return.  If you are unable to pay your balance due by the due date (July 15, 2020 for this year only), you DO NOT need to file an extension.  Go ahead and file your return, send in any payment you can, and ask to be set up on payments.  An extension does NOT give you more time to pay your taxes if there is a balance due, – it only grants an extension of time to file the your tax return until Thursday, October 15, 2020.

To file the extension, you may choose to complete the forms below and we will be happy to file an extension for you for a fee of $20.  OR, use the IRS website (www.irs.gov) to file your own extension electronically or by mail.  If you know you want to file an extension, we can file it at any time – it is not necessary to wait until July 15th.

If you would like our office to prepare and electronically file a Federal and/or State extension for your personal tax returns, please read the following information, then print the forms listed at the bottom of this section. You can email, fax, mail or bring in the completed forms and we will file the extension for you. Forms and payment (our fee is $20) must be received before the extension will be filed.

  • The deadline for filing an extension for your 2019 federal and state income tax returns is midnight, EST, on July 15, 2020. (Our office will close at 5:00 pm)
  • Missouri and Kansas DO NOT require a separate extension, as they accept an approved federal extension.

The dates on the forms below use the date of April 15, however, the due date has now been changed to July 15.

2019 Personal Extension Questionnaire

2019 Personal Extension Engagement Letter


If you own a partnership or corporation, you may call or email to request an extension.  Please complete the extension engagement letter below.

Partnership and S-Corporation extensions will be due September 15, 2020.

C-Corporation extensions will be due on October 15, 2020.


2019 Business Extension Engagement Letter